As a professional writer, I always look for unique and delicious recipes to share with my readers. Today, I want to share with you my favorite venison meatloaf recipe. This recipe is perfect for those who love game meat and want to try something new. The combination of venison meat, herbs, and spices makes this meatloaf incredibly flavorful and juicy. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover venison you may have in your freezer.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Course
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.7/5
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine ground venison, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, onion, green pepper, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and dried thyme. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Let the meatloaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per serving|
- Can I use other types of meat?
Yes, you can substitute ground beef, pork, or lamb for the venison.
- Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked meatloaf in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the meatloaf mixture ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking.
- Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
Yes, you can use fresh thyme in place of dried thyme. Use 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves instead of 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- What can I serve with this meatloaf?
You can serve this meatloaf with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a side salad.
- How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe makes 4 servings.
If you want to add more flavor to the meatloaf, you can add chopped mushrooms or shredded cheese to the mixture. You can also brush the top of the meatloaf with additional ketchup or BBQ sauce before baking for a sweet and tangy glaze.
Make sure to let the meatloaf rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute. This will make the meatloaf more tender and juicy.
If you don’t have a loaf pan, you can shape the meatloaf into a free-form loaf and bake it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.