As a vegan, it can be challenging to find desserts that meet your dietary restrictions. But fear not, because this vegan banana pudding recipe is here to satisfy your sweet tooth! Not only is it dairy-free and egg-free, but it’s also easy to make and delicious.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Recipe Category: Dessert
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 5 stars
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vegan vanilla wafers (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the mashed bananas, cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly whisk in the almond milk until smooth.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and begins to boil, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the pudding from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Transfer the pudding to a large bowl or individual serving dishes and refrigerate until chilled and set, about 2-3 hours.
- Top with vegan vanilla wafers, if desired, and serve.
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
- Can I use a different type of milk? Yes, you can use any type of non-dairy milk you prefer, such as soy milk or coconut milk.
- Can I make this pudding ahead of time? Yes, you can make the pudding up to 2 days in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Do I have to use vanilla wafers? No, the wafers are optional and can be omitted if you prefer.
- Can I add other flavors to the pudding? Yes, feel free to experiment with different spices or extracts, such as nutmeg or almond extract.
- Is this pudding gluten-free? Yes, as long as you use a gluten-free cornstarch, this pudding is gluten-free.
- Can I double the recipe? Yes, you can double or triple the recipe as needed.
If you want a thicker pudding, you can add an extra tablespoon or two of cornstarch. Just be sure to whisk it in thoroughly to avoid any lumps.
To prevent a skin from forming on top of the pudding, press a layer of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pudding before refrigerating.
If you don’t have individual serving dishes, you can use a large glass bowl or baking dish instead.
Overall, this vegan banana pudding is a tasty and easy dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. It’s creamy, sweet, and satisfying, and it’s sure to become a favorite in your recipe collection.