As a professional writer and food enthusiast, I am always looking for new and delicious recipes to share with my readers. Today, I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes – teriyaki chicken bowl. This dish is a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors, and it’s so easy to make. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or for a crowd, this recipe is sure to impress.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Japanese
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, sesame oil, cornstarch, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the broccoli and bell pepper. Cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the teriyaki chicken over a bed of rice and garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use chicken breast instead of chicken thighs?
- A: Yes, you can use chicken breast if you prefer. However, chicken thighs are more flavorful and tender.
- Q: Can I use frozen vegetables?
- A: Yes, you can use frozen vegetables if you don’t have fresh ones. Just make sure to defrost them before cooking.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the teriyaki sauce and cook the chicken and vegetables ahead of time. Just keep them separate and reheat before serving.
If you want to make this recipe even more delicious, here are a few tips:
First, marinate the chicken in the teriyaki sauce for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will help the chicken absorb more flavor.
Second, you can add other vegetables to the dish such as mushrooms, carrots, or snow peas.
Finally, make sure to use high-quality soy sauce and honey for the best flavor. It’s worth the extra cost!