Steak quesadillas are a delicious and filling dish that can be enjoyed any time of day. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner or a crowd-pleasing appetizer, these recipes are sure to satisfy. In this article, we’ll share some of the best steak quesadilla recipes, along with tips and tricks for making them perfectly every time.
- 1 lb. flank steak
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream, for serving
- Salsa, for serving
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked to your liking.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice it thinly against the grain.
- Add the bell peppers and onion to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until softened and slightly charred.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese. Top with a quarter of the sliced steak, bell peppers, and onion, and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Place another tortilla on top and press down lightly with a spatula. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
- Flip the quesadilla over and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the other side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Serve the quesadillas hot, with sour cream and salsa on the side.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Can I use a different cut of steak? Yes, you can use any steak you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Can I make these quesadillas ahead of time? Yes, you can assemble the quesadillas up to a day in advance and store them in the refrigerator. Cook them just before serving.
- Can I freeze these quesadillas? Yes, you can freeze the quesadillas for up to 3 months. Just wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
- What can I serve with these quesadillas? You can serve these quesadillas with sour cream, salsa, guacamole, or your favorite toppings.
- Can I make these quesadillas on a grill? Yes, you can cook these quesadillas on a grill over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
- What other variations can I try? You can experiment with different types of cheese, vegetables, and seasonings to create your own unique quesadilla recipe.
If you’re new to making steak quesadillas, here are some tips to help you get started:
Cut the steak thinly: Thinly sliced steak will cook more quickly and evenly, and will be easier to bite into when wrapped in a tortilla.
Use a non-stick skillet: A non-stick skillet will help prevent the tortillas from sticking and tearing as you cook them.
Don’t overfill the tortillas: Be careful not to overstuff your quesadillas, or they may fall apart when you try to flip them over.
Experiment with different toppings: Try adding sliced jalapenos, diced tomatoes, or black beans to your quesadillas for extra flavor and texture.
With these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to make delicious steak quesadillas that are sure to impress your friends and family. Enjoy!