As a food lover and professional writer, I always try to experiment with new recipes. Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Spanish rice with ground beef. This recipe is perfect for those who love rich and flavorful meals. Spanish rice is a classic dish that is easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. With the addition of ground beef, it becomes a complete meal that is both delicious and satisfying.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Spanish
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes (with their juice), rice, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet.
- Simmer the mixture for 20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- If desired, stir in the chopped cilantro before serving.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Yes, you can use ground turkey instead of ground beef. It will still be delicious!
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to serve. It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months. Just be sure to let it cool completely before freezing.
Do I have to use chicken broth?
No, you can use beef broth or vegetable broth if you prefer.
Can I add other vegetables?
Yes, you can add other vegetables like corn, peas, or carrots to this recipe if you like.
What can I serve this with?
This recipe is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a side salad, crusty bread, or tortilla chips.
If you want to add a little extra flavor to this recipe, try using fire-roasted diced tomatoes instead of regular diced tomatoes. You can also top the finished dish with shredded cheese, sour cream, or sliced avocado.
If you’re short on time, you can use instant rice instead of long-grain rice. Just follow the instructions on the package and adjust the amount of liquid accordingly.
This recipe makes great leftovers, so don’t be afraid to double the recipe and enjoy it for lunch or dinner throughout the week.