As a food lover and writer, I always try to discover new recipes and experiment with different flavors. This seafood pasta salad recipe is one of my favorites, and I’m excited to share it with you. It’s a delicious and refreshing dish that combines the flavors of seafood and pasta with a tangy dressing. It’s perfect for a summer lunch, dinner, or a side dish for a barbecue party. Let’s dive into the recipe and create a flavorful and healthy seafood pasta salad.
- Prep times: 20 minutes
- Cook Times: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Category: Salad
- Recipe Cuisine: Italian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 1 lb pasta (fusilli or any preferred shapes)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb calamari, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and calamari and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink and the calamari is tender. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, shrimp, calamari, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, red onion, parsley, and basil.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad and toss gently to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
|Nutrition Information Details||Amount Per Serving|
- Can I use other seafood instead of shrimp and calamari?
Yes, you can use any seafood you prefer, such as crab meat, scallops, or lobster.
- Can I make this pasta salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just make sure to toss it again before serving.
- How can I make this pasta salad more colorful?
You can add more vegetables, such as bell peppers, cucumbers, or roasted red peppers.
- Can I use other types of pasta?
Yes, you can use any pasta you prefer, such as penne, farfalle, or spaghetti.
- Can I substitute the olives with something else?
Yes, you can skip the olives or use capers instead.
- How can I adjust the seasoning to my taste?
You can add more salt, pepper, or lemon juice, depending on your preference.
If you want to make this seafood pasta salad more flavorful, you can add some grated Parmesan cheese or crumbled feta cheese. You can also sprinkle some red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
When cooking the pasta, make sure to salt the water to add more flavor. Rinse the pasta with cold water to prevent it from sticking together and to cool it down quickly.
The dressing is the key to this pasta salad, so make sure to whisk it well and adjust the seasoning to your taste. You can also make a double batch and keep it in the refrigerator for future use.