As a professional writer, I have always been fascinated by the art of cooking. Today, I am excited to share with you this delicious sandwich cookies recipe that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Whether you are a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and yields amazing results.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Category: Dessert
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 5/5
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Scoop the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Using your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon, make an indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are set and slightly cracked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cool, spread 1 teaspoon of Nutella or other chocolate-hazelnut spread into the indentation of each cookie.
- Sandwich another cookie on top, gently pressing down to spread the Nutella.
- Repeat with the remaining cookies and Nutella.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
|Amount Per Serving|
- Can I use a different type of spread instead of Nutella?
Yes, you can use any chocolate-hazelnut spread of your choice.
- Can I freeze these cookies?
Yes, you can freeze the baked cookies for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
- Can I make these cookies ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the cookies ahead of time and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Add the Nutella filling just before serving.
- Can I use a cookie cutter to shape the cookies?
No, these cookies are meant to be round and sandwiched together with the Nutella filling.
- Can I add nuts or other ingredients to the dough?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts or other ingredients to the dough if desired.
- Can I use a different type of flour?
Yes, you can use whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend if desired.
If you want to make these cookies even more special, you can drizzle melted chocolate over the top or sprinkle them with sea salt. You can also experiment with different types of chocolate-hazelnut spread or add other flavors to the filling, such as peanut butter or caramel. These cookies are perfect for parties, gift-giving, or just indulging in a sweet treat with a cup of coffee or tea.
For best results, be sure to use room temperature ingredients and measure your flour carefully. Don’t overmix the dough or the cookies will be tough. And be sure to let the cookies cool completely before filling them with the Nutella spread. Enjoy!