As a professional writer and food enthusiast, I am always on the lookout for new and exciting recipes to share with my readers. That’s why I am excited to share with you my latest creation: Salted Caramel Crown Recipes. This sweet and salty dessert is sure to be a hit at any gathering or special occasion.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Recipe Category: Dessert
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.9/5
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Flour, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves and turns a deep amber color, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the heavy cream, butter, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pecans.
- On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to about 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut the pastry into 6 circles, each about 4 inches in diameter.
- Place the circles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the beaten egg over the circles.
- Divide the caramel mixture between the circles, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
|Nutrient||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use pre-made caramel sauce instead of making my own?
- A: While pre-made caramel sauce can be used in a pinch, the homemade version is much richer and more flavorful.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can prepare the caramel mixture and puff pastry circles ahead of time and assemble them just before baking.
- Q: Can I use a different type of nut instead of pecans?
- A: Yes, you can substitute any nut you prefer, such as almonds or walnuts.
To ensure your puff pastry circles bake evenly, prick them all over with a fork before baking. This will prevent them from puffing up too much in the oven.
For an extra indulgent dessert, serve the Salted Caramel Crowns with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you don’t have sea salt on hand, you can use regular table salt instead. Just be sure to use a little less, as table salt is more concentrated than sea salt.