As a professional writer and food enthusiast, I am always on the lookout for new and exciting recipes to share with my readers. One of my current favorites is ricotta baked recipes. These dishes are versatile, delicious, and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a show-stopping brunch dish, ricotta baked recipes are sure to impress.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 45 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
- Recipe category: Main dish
- Recipe cuisine: Italian
- Aggregate rating: 4.8/5
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and add to the cheese mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Pour marinara sauce into the prepared baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Spoon the spaghetti and cheese mixture on top of the marinara sauce. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the spaghetti mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
- What can I substitute for ricotta cheese? You can substitute cottage cheese or cream cheese for ricotta cheese.
- Can I use a different type of pasta? Yes, you can use any type of pasta you prefer.
- Can I make this dish ahead of time? Yes, you can assemble the dish ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Can I freeze this dish? Yes, you can freeze the dish before or after baking. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil.
- What should I serve with this dish? This dish pairs well with a simple green salad and garlic bread.
- How long will leftovers last? Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner or a show-stopping brunch dish, ricotta baked recipes are the way to go. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your ricotta baked dishes:
Tip #1: Don’t overcook the pasta. Be sure to cook the pasta al dente and rinse it with cold water to stop the cooking process.
Tip #2: Use high-quality ingredients. Since this dish has only a few ingredients, it’s important to use the best quality you can find.
Tip #3: Experiment with different flavors. Ricotta baked recipes are very versatile and can be customized to suit your taste. Try adding different herbs or spices, or mixing in some cooked vegetables.