As a food enthusiast, I am always looking for new and exciting recipes to try out. One of my favorites is rice roni recipes. This versatile dish is perfect for any occasion, from a quick and easy weeknight dinner to a fancy dinner party. In this article, I will share some of my favorite rice roni recipes, along with tips and tricks to make the perfect dish every time.
Creamy Garlic Rice Roni
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Category: Side Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 1 box Rice Roni Creamy Garlic flavor
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring water and milk to a boil.
- Add Rice Roni and butter, stir well.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Q: Can I use different flavors of Rice Roni for this recipe?
- Q: Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Q: Can I use low-fat milk and butter for this recipe?
- Q: Can I freeze this recipe?
- Q: Can I use vegetable broth instead of water?
A: Yes, you can use any flavor of Rice Roni for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the amount of water and milk according to the instructions on the box.
A: Yes, you can add any vegetables you like to this recipe. Just chop them into small pieces and add them to the saucepan when you add the Rice Roni.
A: Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it in the microwave or on the stove. Just add a little extra milk or water to the saucepan when reheating to keep the rice moist.
A: Yes, you can use low-fat milk and butter for this recipe. However, the dish may not be as creamy and rich as it would be with full-fat ingredients.
A: Yes, you can freeze this recipe. Just let it cool completely, then transfer it to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
A: Yes, you can use vegetable broth instead of water for this recipe. It will add extra flavor to the dish.
If you want to make your rice roni extra creamy and rich, try adding a dollop of sour cream or cream cheese to the saucepan when the rice is finished cooking. You can also add cooked chicken or shrimp to the dish for a complete meal.
To add extra flavor to your rice roni, try toasting the rice and vermicelli in a dry saucepan before adding the liquid. This will give the dish a nutty, toasted flavor that is delicious.
If you are short on time, you can use a rice cooker or instant pot to cook your rice roni. Just follow the instructions on the box to adjust the amount of liquid and cooking time accordingly.