As a food enthusiast, I always love to experiment with different types of dishes. Recently, I discovered the deliciousness of shaved beef and became obsessed with it. I decided to compile some of the best recipes with shaved beef that will surely satisfy your cravings.
Table of Contents:
- Prep Times: 15 minutes
- Cook Times: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 1 lb shaved beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 8 tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and peppers, and cook until they are soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the shaved beef, salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, and chili powder, and cook until the beef is browned.
- Warm the tortillas in a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Divide the beef mixture among the tortillas, and top with shredded cheese.
- Roll up the tortillas and serve.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
- Q: How can I make this recipe spicier?
- Q: Can I substitute the beef with chicken?
- Q: How can I store the leftovers?
- Q: Can I freeze this dish?
- Q: What type of cheese can I use?
- Q: Can I add more vegetables?
A: You can add more chili powder or red pepper flakes to the seasoning mixture.
A: Yes, you can use sliced chicken breast instead of shaved beef.
A: You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
A: Yes, you can freeze the beef mixture without the tortillas and cheese. Thaw it before reheating and assembling the tortillas.
A: You can use any type of shredded cheese, such as Monterey Jack or pepper jack.
A: Yes, you can add any vegetables you like, such as mushrooms or zucchini.
If you want to add a smoky flavor to the beef, you can grill it instead of cooking it on the skillet. You can also marinate the beef in your favorite sauce or seasoning for a few hours before cooking. To make the tortillas more flavorful, you can brush them with melted butter and sprinkle some garlic powder or dried herbs before warming them up. Lastly, don’t forget to serve this dish with some fresh guacamole, salsa, or sour cream on the side.