Are you tired of the same-old, boring rice dishes? Do you want to spice up your dinner table with a delicious and easy-to-make dish? Then look no further than Rice a Roni! This classic dish has been a favorite among families for generations, and with this recipe, you can make it even better than ever before.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 1 box of Rice a Roni
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 3/4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1/2 cup of cooked and diced chicken (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced onions, carrots, and peas and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Rice a Roni and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add the water and seasoning packet to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the skillet. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If using chicken, add it to the skillet during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
|Per Serving||Amount||% Daily Value|
- Q: Can I use a different flavor of Rice a Roni?
- A: Yes, you can use any flavor you prefer. Just be sure to adjust the vegetables and other ingredients to complement the flavor.
- Q: Can I make this dish vegetarian?
- A: Absolutely! Simply omit the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of water for added flavor.
- Q: Can I make this dish ahead of time?
- A: Yes, this dish can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven or microwave.
- Q: Can I freeze this dish?
- A: Yes, this dish can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just be sure to thaw it completely before reheating.
- Q: Can I add other vegetables to this dish?
- A: Absolutely! This dish is very versatile and can be customized to your liking. Try adding mushrooms, bell peppers, or zucchini for added flavor and nutrition.
- Q: Can I substitute the Rice a Roni with regular rice?
- A: Yes, you can use regular rice, but the flavor will not be the same. Rice a Roni has a unique flavor that cannot be replicated with plain rice.
Looking to make this dish even better? Here are a few tips to take it to the next level:
First, try using homemade chicken broth instead of water for added flavor. Simply simmer chicken bones, carrots, onions, and celery in water for several hours to make a rich and flavorful broth.
Second, consider adding some fresh herbs such as parsley or thyme to the dish for added flavor and nutrition.
Finally, serve the dish with a side of steamed vegetables or a fresh salad to round out the meal and add some extra nutrition.