As a food lover, I always try to experiment with different recipes to surprise my taste buds. Recently, I tried the pulled pork sliders recipe, and the result was amazing. So, I thought to share my recipe and tips with you all. This article will guide you on how to make pulled pork sliders in easy steps with some essential tips.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Recipe Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Slider buns and toppings of your choice
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the pork shoulder and brown on all sides until golden brown.
- Place the browned pork shoulder in a slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, black pepper, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the mixture over the pork shoulder and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or until the pork is tender and falls apart easily.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred it with a fork.
- Assemble the sliders with the shredded pork and toppings of your choice.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use pork loin instead of pork shoulder for this recipe?
- Q: How to store leftover pulled pork sliders?
- Q: Can I freeze leftover pulled pork?
- Q: What toppings can I use for pulled pork sliders?
- Q: Can I make this recipe in an Instant Pot?
- Q: How do I reheat leftover pulled pork?
A: It’s not recommended because pork shoulder has more fat and collagen, which makes it more flavorful and tender.
A: You can store leftover pulled pork sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
A: Yes, you can freeze leftover pulled pork in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
A: You can use coleslaw, pickles, cheese, BBQ sauce, or any other toppings you like.
A: Yes, you can cook the pork shoulder in an Instant Pot for 70-80 minutes on high pressure.
A: You can reheat leftover pulled pork in the microwave or oven until heated through.
If you want to make the best-pulled pork sliders, here are some essential tips:
1. Use boneless pork shoulder for the recipe as it has more fat and collagen, which makes the meat tender and juicy.
2. Brown the pork shoulder in a pan before placing it in the slow cooker. It adds more flavor to the meat.
3. Use a slow cooker for cooking as it helps to keep the meat moist and tender.
4. Shred the pork with a fork after cooking, and don’t forget to discard any unwanted fat.
5. Use slider buns and toppings of your choice to assemble the sliders. You can use coleslaw, pickles, cheese, BBQ sauce, or any other toppings you like.
6. Leftover pulled pork can be used for making sandwiches, tacos, burritos, or salads.
With these tips, you can make the best-pulled pork sliders that will be loved by all. So, try this recipe today and surprise your taste buds!