As a food enthusiast and a professional writer, I have come across different recipes and cuisines. However, the Ricotta Pie recipe has remained one of my favorites. Therefore, I have decided to share this recipe with you so that you can also enjoy this mouthwatering delicacy.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- Recipe category: Dessert
- Recipe cuisine: Italian
- Aggregate rating: 4.8/5
- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zested
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Roll out the pie crust and place it in a 9-inch pie dish. Trim the edges and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, heavy cream, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Beat until smooth using an electric mixer or whisk.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
|Nutrition Information Details||Amount Per Serving|
- What is Ricotta Pie? Ricotta pie is a dessert made with ricotta cheese, heavy cream, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. It is baked in a pie crust until golden brown.
- Can I use store-bought pie crust? Yes, you can use store-bought pie crust for this recipe.
- Is it necessary to use an electric mixer? No, you can also whisk the ingredients by hand until smooth.
- Can I make this pie ahead of time? Yes, you can make this pie ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- Can I freeze Ricotta Pie? Yes, you can freeze Ricotta Pie for up to 2 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
- Can I add other flavors to this recipe? Yes, you can add other flavors such as chocolate chips, cinnamon, or nutmeg to this recipe.
If you want to make this recipe even more decadent, you can add chocolate chips to the mixture before pouring it into the pie crust. You can also sprinkle some cinnamon or nutmeg on top for added flavor.
When baking the pie, make sure that the edges are golden brown and the center is set. If the center is still jiggly, bake for a few more minutes until it sets.
Before slicing the pie, let it cool for at least 20 minutes to avoid the filling from spilling out. Serve with whipped cream or fresh berries for added flavor.