As a professional writer and food enthusiast, I always love to share my favorite recipes with others. Today, I want to share with you my all-time favorite recipe for Peanut Butter Cake. This cake is perfect for any occasion and is loved by both kids and adults alike. So, let’s get started!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Recipe Category: Dessert
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the peanut butter until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the buttermilk and vanilla, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
- Q: Can I use natural peanut butter instead of creamy?
- A: Yes, you can use natural peanut butter, but the texture of the cake may be slightly different.
- Q: Can I use almond milk instead of buttermilk?
- A: Yes, you can use almond milk as a substitute for buttermilk.
- Q: Can I make this cake ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make this cake up to 2 days ahead of time and store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
If you’re looking for a dessert that’s easy to make and sure to please, this Peanut Butter Cake is the one for you. Here are a few tips to make sure your cake turns out perfectly:
Tip 1: Be sure to properly measure your flour by spooning it into your measuring cup and leveling it off with a knife. Too much flour can make your cake dry and dense.
Tip 2: Use room temperature butter and eggs for best results. This will help your ingredients mix together smoothly and create a tender crumb.
Tip 3: Don’t overmix your batter. Mix just until the ingredients are combined, or you risk toughening the cake.
By following these tips and the recipe above, you’ll have a delicious Peanut Butter Cake that’s sure to become a family favorite. Enjoy!