As a food writer, I have always been fascinated with soup. It’s the ultimate comfort food that can be enjoyed all year round. Pureed soups, in particular, have a special place in my heart. They are creamy, flavorful, and incredibly satisfying. That’s why I decided to share some of my favorite pureed soup recipes with you. These recipes are easy to make, delicious, and perfect for any occasion.
Table of Contents
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Recipe Category: Soup
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 5/5
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer until the broccoli is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot and heat until hot. Serve immediately.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
- Can I use frozen broccoli instead of fresh? Yes, you can. Just make sure to thaw it before adding it to the soup.
- Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth? Yes, you can. The soup will still be delicious.
- Can I make this soup ahead of time? Yes, you can. Just store it in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat it when you’re ready to serve.
- Can I freeze this soup? Yes, you can. Just make sure to cool it completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Can I add other vegetables to this soup? Yes, you can. Carrots, cauliflower, and sweet potatoes would be great additions.
- Can I use a regular blender instead of an immersion blender? Yes, you can. Just make sure to blend the soup in batches and be careful not to fill the blender too full.
If you’re looking for a creamy and satisfying soup, pureed soups are the way to go. They are easy to make, versatile, and perfect for any occasion. Here are some tips to make the perfect pureed soup:
Use fresh ingredients: The fresher the ingredients, the better the soup will taste. Make sure to use fresh vegetables and herbs for the best flavor.
Don’t overcook the vegetables: Overcooking the vegetables can result in a bland and unappetizing soup. Make sure to cook them until they are just tender.
Season the soup well: Pureed soups can be bland if not seasoned properly. Make sure to taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed.
Use an immersion blender: An immersion blender is the easiest way to puree the soup. It’s quick, easy, and less messy than using a regular blender.
Garnish the soup: Garnishing the soup with fresh herbs, croutons, or a drizzle of olive oil can take it to the next level. It’s also a great way to add some texture and flavor to the soup.