Lasagna is a classic comfort food that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are looking for a hearty dinner or a dish to impress your guests, this Prego Lasagna Recipe is the perfect choice. The combination of pasta, sauce, and cheese is irresistible and will leave you wanting more.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Italian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.9
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar of Prego traditional pasta sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Drain the excess fat.
- Add the Prego traditional pasta sauce to the skillet and stir to combine with the ground beef. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles on top of the meat sauce.
- Spread a layer of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
- Repeat the layers of meat sauce, noodles, and cheese mixture until all of the ingredients are used.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the lasagna is heated through.
- Let the lasagna cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
|Nutrition Facts||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can assemble the lasagna up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Q: Can I use a different type of pasta sauce?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of pasta sauce you like, but we recommend using Prego traditional pasta sauce for the best flavor.
- Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
- A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake in the oven at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
- Q: Can I substitute the ground beef with ground turkey?
- A: Yes, you can substitute the ground beef with ground turkey or chicken for a healthier option.
- Q: Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can add any vegetables you like, such as spinach, mushrooms, or zucchini.
- Q: How many servings does this recipe make?
- A: This recipe makes 6-8 servings.
If you want to make this recipe even more delicious, here are some tips to keep in mind:
First, be sure to cook the lasagna noodles al dente, or slightly firm, so that they hold up better in the baking dish.
Second, let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This will help the layers to set and make it easier to cut.
Finally, feel free to experiment with different types of cheese or add your favorite herbs and spices for extra flavor.