As a food enthusiast, I always love to try new recipes that are both delicious and easy to make. One of my favorite recipes is pork green chile, which is perfect for any occasion. Whether it’s a family dinner or a party with friends, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. That’s why I decided to share my favorite pork green chile recipes with you today. So, let’s get started!
Pork Green Chile Stew
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Mexican
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 1 pound pork shoulder, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the pork and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the green chiles, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or rice.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use a different cut of pork?
- A: Yes, you can use any cut of pork you prefer.
- Q: Can I use fresh green chiles instead of canned?
- A: Yes, you can use fresh green chiles, but you will need to roast and peel them first.
- Q: Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
- A: Yes, you can cook this recipe in a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.
- Q: Can I freeze this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months.
- Q: What can I serve with this recipe?
- A: This recipe is great with tortilla chips, rice, or cornbread.
If you want to make this recipe spicier, you can add jalapenos or red pepper flakes. You can also add other vegetables such as potatoes or carrots to make it more filling. Don’t be afraid to experiment and make this recipe your own. Also, make sure to use a good quality chicken broth for the best flavor.
When cooking the pork, make sure to brown it on all sides to seal in the juices. This will give it a nice crust and prevent it from becoming dry. You can also marinate the pork overnight in a mixture of lime juice, garlic, and cumin for added flavor.
Finally, don’t forget to garnish with fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice for a burst of freshness. This will bring all the flavors together and make your pork green chile recipe truly unforgettable.