As a food enthusiast and a lover of pork dishes, I am always on the lookout for new pork recipes to try. Recently, I discovered a delicious pork country ribs recipe that I believe is worth sharing with everyone. In this article, I will be sharing a step-by-step guide on how to make this mouth-watering dish. So, whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner, this recipe is for you.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Course
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.9
- 4 pounds pork country ribs
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the kosher salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork country ribs, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Place the ribs in a large baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 2 hours, or until the ribs are tender and the meat is falling off the bone.
- In a small saucepan, combine the barbecue sauce, honey, and apple cider vinegar.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove the ribs from the oven and brush the sauce over the top of the ribs.
- Return the ribs to the oven and bake, uncovered, for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the ribs rest for 5 minutes before serving.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
- Can I use a different type of pork ribs?
Yes, you can use baby back ribs or spare ribs instead of country ribs. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can. Simply rub the spice mixture onto the ribs and place them in the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Then, brush with the sauce and broil for a few minutes to caramelize the top.
- What can I serve with these ribs?
These ribs go great with coleslaw, baked beans, roasted vegetables, or corn on the cob.
- Can I freeze these ribs?
Yes, you can. Let the ribs cool completely, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container. They will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- How can I store leftover ribs?
Store leftover ribs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Do I have to use barbecue sauce?
No, you can use any type of sauce you prefer. Try using a honey mustard sauce or a sweet and sour sauce for a different flavor.
If you’re looking for a flavorful and tender pork dish, these country ribs are a must-try. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of this recipe:
1. Use a meat thermometer. To ensure that the ribs are cooked to the correct temperature, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The ribs should reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
2. Let the ribs rest before serving. After removing the ribs from the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and make the ribs even more tender.
3. Make extra sauce. The sauce for these ribs is so delicious that you’ll want to have extra on hand. Double the recipe and store any leftover sauce in the refrigerator for up to a week.
With these tips and the step-by-step instructions above, you’ll be able to make these delicious pork country ribs with ease. Enjoy!