As a parent, we always want to provide the best for our children. We want them to have fun and learn at the same time. One of the best ways to do this is by making playdough with them. However, most playdough recipes use cream of tartar, which is not always available in our pantry. That’s why we’re here to share with you the best playdough recipe without cream of tartar that you can make with your kids!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Recipe Category: Snacks
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 5/5
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Food coloring (optional)
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add vegetable oil and water to the mixture. Stir until it forms a ball.
- If you want colored playdough, add 2-3 drops of food coloring to the mixture.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and stretchy.
- Store in an airtight container.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use regular flour instead of all-purpose flour?
- Q: How long can I keep the playdough?
- Q: What can I do if the playdough is too dry or too sticky?
- Q: Can I use other types of oil?
- Q: Is this playdough safe for kids to play with?
- Q: Can I make this playdough without food coloring?
A: Yes, you can use regular flour. However, the texture of the playdough may be different.
A: You can keep the playdough for up to 6 months if stored properly in an airtight container.
A: If the playdough is too dry, add a few drops of water. If it’s too sticky, add more flour.
A: Yes, you can use other types of oil such as coconut oil or olive oil.
A: Yes, this playdough is safe for kids to play with. However, make sure they don’t eat it.
A: Yes, you can make this playdough without food coloring. It will still be fun to play with.
If you want to make more than one color of playdough, divide the dough into equal parts before adding the food coloring. You can also add glitter or essential oils to make the playdough more fun.
Playing with playdough can help your child develop their creativity and imagination. It’s also a great way to relieve stress and anxiety. Make sure to supervise your child while they play with the playdough.
This playdough recipe is also a great activity for birthday parties or playdates. You can even give them as party favors!