As a writer who loves to cook, I am always on the lookout for new and interesting recipes to try. Recently, I decided to experiment with making pancakes without eggs. While it may seem like an odd idea, it is actually possible to create delicious and fluffy pancakes without using this traditional ingredient. I am excited to share my recipe with you and show you just how easy it is to make pancakes without eggs.
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes
- Recipe Category: Breakfast
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg substitute (such as Ener-G®)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, egg substitute, and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until the edges are dry and bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Why make pancakes without eggs?
- A: There are many reasons why someone might want to make pancakes without eggs – they may have an allergy, vegan diet, or simply be out of eggs and want to make pancakes anyway.
- Q: How do you substitute eggs in pancake recipes?
- A: There are many egg substitutes that can be used in pancake recipes, such as Ener-G® or applesauce. These substitutes help to bind the ingredients together and create a fluffy texture.
- Q: Can you freeze these pancakes?
- A: Yes, these pancakes can be frozen for later. Simply let them cool completely, then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
If you’re looking to make pancakes without eggs, this recipe is a great place to start. The key to creating fluffy pancakes without eggs is to use a good egg substitute and to mix the ingredients together just until they are combined. Here are a few additional tips to help you make the perfect pancake:
1. Use a non-stick pan or griddle to cook your pancakes. This will help prevent them from sticking and make them easier to flip.
2. Don’t overmix your batter. Overmixing can lead to tough pancakes. Mix the ingredients together just until they are combined.
3. Let your pancakes cook until the edges are dry and bubbles form on the surface. This will help ensure that they are cooked through and not raw in the middle.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to create delicious and fluffy pancakes without eggs. Whether you have an egg allergy, follow a vegan diet, or simply want to try something new, this recipe is a great option. Enjoy!