As a professional chef, I always want to share my favorite recipes with food lovers. Today, I am going to share a delicious and mouth-watering recipe for Milk Bar Birthday Cake. This cake recipe is perfect for birthday parties and other celebrations. So, let’s get started.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Recipe Category: Dessert
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and flour three 6-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter and shortening and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until the mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes completely on a wire rack.
- Assemble and frost the cake with your favorite frosting.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use all-purpose flour instead of cake flour?
- Q: Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter?
- Q: Can I make this cake in a different size pan?
- Q: Can I freeze this cake?
- Q: Can I use different colors of sprinkles?
- Q: Can I make this cake in advance?
A: No, you cannot substitute all-purpose flour for cake flour. Cake flour has a lower protein content which makes the cake more tender and delicate.
A: No, it is best to use unsalted butter in this recipe because it allows you to control the amount of salt in the cake.
A: Yes, you can make this cake in a different size pan, but the baking time and temperature will need to be adjusted accordingly.
A: Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 2 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil before freezing.
A: Yes, you can use any color of sprinkles that you like. Just make sure to use the same amount.
A: Yes, you can make this cake up to 2 days in advance. Just store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
To make the perfect Milk Bar Birthday Cake, here are some tips that you should keep in mind:
Firstly, make sure that your ingredients are at room temperature before you start making the cake batter. This will help the ingredients mix together more easily and make a smoother batter.
Secondly, don’t overmix the batter. Once all the ingredients are combined, stop mixing. Overmixing can lead to a tough cake.
Finally, when frosting the cake, make sure to use a crumb coat. This is a thin layer of frosting that helps to seal in any crumbs. Let the crumb coat set in the fridge for 30 minutes before adding the final layer of frosting.