As a food enthusiast, I have always been fascinated by the Mediterranean cuisine. The wide range of flavors and ingredients used in this cuisine has always intrigued me. One of the best ways to explore this cuisine is through slow cooker recipes. Slow cooker recipes are not only easy to make but also allow the flavors to develop and merge over a long period. So, in this article, I have compiled some of the best Mediterranean slow cooker recipes that will make your taste buds dance.
- Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mediterranean Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Mediterranean Lamb Shanks
- Slow Cooker Mediterranean Vegetable Soup
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours and 15 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, olives, capers, parsley, basil, chicken broth, white wine, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per serving|
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- Q: Can I omit the olives and capers?
- Q: Can I use red wine instead of white wine?
- Q: Can I freeze the leftovers?
- Q: Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes?
- Q: Can I add other vegetables?
A: Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
A: Yes, you can omit the olives and capers if you don’t like them.
A: Yes, you can use red wine instead of white wine, but it will change the flavor of the dish.
A: Yes, you can freeze the leftovers for up to 3 months.
A: Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes, but you will need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe.
A: Yes, you can add other vegetables like bell peppers and zucchini.
If you want to add more flavor to the dish, you can marinate the chicken in olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic for a few hours before cooking. Also, make sure to brown the chicken before adding it to the slow cooker to give it a nice crust. Lastly, you can top the dish with feta cheese for a Mediterranean twist.
The slow cooker Mediterranean chicken is a perfect dish for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. The dish is not only easy to make but also packed with flavor and nutrients. The combination of chicken, olives, capers, and herbs creates a heavenly aroma that will make your mouth water. Serve the dish with your favorite sides like rice, couscous, or roasted vegetables, and enjoy a delicious Mediterranean meal without leaving your home.