If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make comfort food, then lasagna soup is the perfect choice for you! This soup is a twist on the classic Italian dish that’s known and loved around the world. And with the help of your crock pot, you can make this soup with minimal effort and maximum flavor. In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide to making the best lasagna soup recipe in your crock pot.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Recipe Category: Soup
- Recipe Cuisine: Italian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink.
- Transfer the beef mixture to your crock pot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Stir well.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in the lasagna noodles.
- When the noodles are tender, ladle the soup into bowls.
- Top each bowl with mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley.
- Serve hot and enjoy your delicious lasagna soup!
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- What can I substitute for ground beef?
You can use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef if you prefer.
- Can I use fresh lasagna noodles?
Yes, you can use fresh or dried lasagna noodles, but make sure to break them into pieces before adding them to the soup.
- Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Can I add vegetables to the soup?
Yes, you can add chopped zucchini, bell peppers, or mushrooms to the soup for extra flavor and nutrition.
- What can I serve with lasagna soup?
You can serve the soup with crusty bread, garlic bread, or a simple green salad.
- How can I make the soup spicier?
You can add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the soup if you like it spicy.
If you want to make the best lasagna soup recipe in your crock pot, here are some tips to keep in mind:
First, make sure to brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic before adding them to the crock pot. This will give the soup a richer flavor.
Second, use good-quality canned tomatoes and chicken broth for the best results. You can also use homemade chicken broth if you have it.
Third, don’t overcook the soup or the noodles will become mushy. Follow the cooking time in the recipe and check the noodles frequently in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to create a delicious and satisfying lasagna soup that your family and friends will love!