Lasagna is a classic Italian dish that is loved by many. However, making lasagna from scratch can be a time-consuming task. That’s why I decided to create a lasagna soup crock pot recipe that is easy to make and perfect for a cozy night in. This recipe is a great way to enjoy all the flavors of lasagna without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Italian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup water
- 10 lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink; drain.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the beef mixture, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the flavors are blended.
- Stir in the lasagna noodles and cook for 30 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- To serve, place a dollop of the cheese mixture in each soup bowl and ladle the soup over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and enjoy!
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
- A: Yes, you can use ground turkey instead of ground beef in this recipe.
- Q: Can I make this recipe on the stovetop?
- A: Yes, you can make this recipe on the stovetop. Just cook the beef mixture in a large pot and then add the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Q: Can I freeze this soup?
- A: Yes, you can freeze this soup. Just be sure to let it cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Q: Can I add more vegetables to this soup?
- A: Yes, you can add more vegetables to this soup. Carrots, celery, and zucchini would all be great additions.
- Q: Can I use different types of cheese?
- A: Yes, you can use different types of cheese. Try using fontina or provolone instead of mozzarella.
If you want to make this recipe even easier, you can use a package of pre-cooked ground beef. Just add it to the slow cooker with the other ingredients and cook as directed.
This soup is perfect for meal prep. You can make a big batch and then portion it out for lunches throughout the week.
If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can make this recipe on the stovetop. Just cook the beef mixture in a large pot and then add the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the noodles are tender.