Cornbread is a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with a variety of meals. However, for those with gluten intolerance, finding a delicious and easy-to-make gluten-free cornbread recipe can be a challenge. That’s why I’ve created this recipe that is not only gluten-free but also incredibly moist and flavorful. Follow the steps below to create the perfect cornbread that everyone at your table can enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Recipe Category: Side Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 5/5
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, gluten-free all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together melted butter, buttermilk, and beaten eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch (23 cm) cast-iron skillet or baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Can I make this cornbread recipe without gluten-free flour?
No, the gluten-free flour is essential for making this recipe gluten-free. If you don’t need to make it gluten-free, you can use regular all-purpose flour instead.
- Can I use a different type of milk instead of buttermilk?
Yes, you can use regular milk or a dairy-free milk substitute like almond milk or coconut milk. However, using buttermilk will give the cornbread a tangy flavor and moist texture.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the cornbread a day ahead of time and store it in an airtight container at room temperature. Reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving.
- Can I freeze this cornbread?
Yes, you can freeze the cornbread for up to 3 months. Let it cool completely, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, and store it in the freezer. Thaw it overnight before reheating in the oven or microwave.
- Can I add other ingredients to the cornbread batter?
Yes, you can add chopped jalapeños, shredded cheddar cheese, or diced onions to the batter for extra flavor.
- Can I use this recipe to make corn muffins?
Yes, you can use this recipe to make corn muffins instead of cornbread. Pour the batter into greased muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
If you want to make the best gluten-free cornbread, follow these tips:
1. Use a cast-iron skillet: Using a cast-iron skillet will give the cornbread a crispy crust and even heat distribution.
2. Don’t overmix the batter: Overmixing will make the cornbread tough and dense. Mix until just combined.
3. Let it cool before slicing: Letting the cornbread cool for a few minutes before slicing will make it easier to cut and prevent it from crumbling.
By following these tips and using this recipe, you can create the perfect gluten-free cornbread that will impress everyone at your table. Enjoy!