As a professional writer, I always love to share my favorite recipes. Today, I would like to share with you my favorite egg salad recipe. This southern egg salad recipe is perfect for a quick lunch or a light dinner. It’s creamy, delicious, and easy to make. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Recipe Category: Salad
- Recipe Cuisine: Southern
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the saucepan and place them in a bowl of ice water to cool for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and chop them into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, sweet pickle relish, chopped celery, chopped red onion, chopped fresh parsley, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the chopped eggs to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use low-fat mayonnaise for this recipe?
- A: Yes, you can use low-fat mayonnaise if you prefer.
- Q: Can I add other vegetables to this egg salad?
- A: Yes, you can add other vegetables such as diced bell peppers or cucumber.
- Q: How long can I store this egg salad in the refrigerator?
- A: You can store this egg salad in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you want to make this egg salad even more delicious, you can add some bacon bits or chopped ham. You can also serve it on a bed of lettuce or with some crackers. This egg salad is perfect for a picnic, a potluck, or a family gathering. It’s also a great way to use up leftover hard-boiled eggs. So, next time you have some eggs that need to be used up, give this southern egg salad recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!