As a food writer and recipe developer, I always try to experiment with different types of ingredients and come up with delicious recipes. Today, I am going to share some mouth-watering egg roll wrapper recipes that are perfect for any occasion. Egg roll wrappers are versatile and can be filled with a variety of ingredients, making them a favorite among food enthusiasts.
Table of Contents
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Recipe Category: Appetizers
- Recipe Cuisine: Asian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add ground pork and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add shredded cabbage, carrots, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place egg roll wrappers on a flat surface. Add about 2 tablespoons of filling in the center of each wrapper.
- Brush edges with beaten egg and fold wrapper over the filling, tucking in the sides. Roll up tightly and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per Serving|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
- What other fillings can I use? You can use a variety of fillings such as shrimp, chicken, beef, or vegetables.
- Can I freeze egg rolls? Yes, you can freeze the uncooked egg rolls and bake them later. Place them on a baking sheet and freeze until firm, then transfer to a freezer-safe bag.
- Can I use spring roll wrappers instead? Yes, you can use spring roll wrappers instead of egg roll wrappers. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different.
- Can I air fry the egg rolls? Yes, you can air fry the egg rolls instead of baking them. Preheat your air fryer to 400°F and cook the egg rolls for 10-12 minutes or until crispy.
- What dipping sauces go well with egg rolls? You can serve egg rolls with sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce, or hot mustard sauce.
- How can I make the egg rolls crispier? To make the egg rolls crispier, brush them with a little oil before baking or air frying.
If you want to make the egg rolls ahead of time, you can prepare the filling and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you are ready to make the egg rolls, simply fill the wrappers and bake or air fry them.
For a vegetarian version, you can substitute the ground pork with tofu or mushrooms.
If you don’t have egg roll wrappers, you can use wonton wrappers instead.