As a food writer, I have tried and tested various sauces, but nothing compares to the smoky and spicy flavor of chipotle sauce. Whether it’s used as a dip or marinade, chipotle sauce adds a unique depth of flavor to any dish. In this article, I have put together some of the best chipotle sauce recipes that you can easily make at home.
Table of Contents:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Recipe Category: Sauce
- Recipe Cuisine: Mexican
- Aggregate Rating: 4.9/5
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- In a blender or food processor, blend the mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, lime juice, garlic, salt, and smoked paprika until smooth.
- Transfer the sauce to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy as a dip or marinade.
|Nutrition||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise?
- A: Yes, you can substitute mayonnaise with Greek yogurt for a healthier option.
- Q: How long can I store chipotle sauce?
- A: You can store chipotle sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Q: Can I freeze chipotle sauce?
- A: Yes, you can freeze chipotle sauce in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
If you want a spicier sauce, add more chipotle peppers or adobo sauce. For a milder flavor, remove the seeds from the peppers before blending. You can also use this sauce as a spread on sandwiches or burgers. To make a creamy chipotle dressing, add a tablespoon of milk or sour cream to the sauce. Experiment with different herbs and spices to create your own unique chipotle sauce recipe!