As a food enthusiast, I always love to experiment with new recipes. And one of my recent experiments was this amazing chicken tomato sauce recipe that I want to share with you all. This recipe is not only easy to make but also extremely delicious and healthy. So, if you’re looking for a quick and healthy meal option, this chicken tomato sauce recipe is worth trying.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: Italian
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 500g boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Add the red bell pepper to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chopped parsley to the skillet and stir well.
- Serve the chicken tomato sauce hot with your favorite side dish.
|Nutrition Information||Amount per serving|
- What can I serve with chicken tomato sauce?
You can serve the chicken tomato sauce with pasta, rice, or vegetables.
- Can I use canned tomato sauce instead of diced tomatoes?
Yes, you can use canned tomato sauce instead of diced tomatoes. However, it will change the texture of the sauce.
- Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast. However, the cooking time may vary.
- How long can I store the leftover chicken tomato sauce?
You can store the leftover chicken tomato sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Can I freeze the chicken tomato sauce?
Yes, you can freeze the chicken tomato sauce in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- Can I add more vegetables to the sauce?
Yes, you can add more vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms, or carrots to the sauce.
If you want to make this chicken tomato sauce recipe even healthier, you can use whole wheat pasta or brown rice as a side dish. You can also add more vegetables to the sauce to increase the nutritional value. Here are some tips to make the perfect chicken tomato sauce:
- Make sure to cut the chicken into small pieces to ensure even cooking.
- Use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs for a more intense flavor.
- If you don’t have fresh parsley, you can use dried parsley instead.
This chicken tomato sauce recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy dinner. It’s packed with protein, vitamins, and fiber, making it a nutritious meal option. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be customized to your liking. So, give this recipe a try and enjoy a delicious and healthy meal tonight!