As a food lover, I always try to find new and exciting recipes to try. Recently, I came across the Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad recipe, and I knew I had to give it a try. This recipe is perfect for a summer BBQ or a healthy side dish, and it’s easy to make. In this article, I will be sharing the recipe, ingredients, instructions, nutrition information, and some helpful tips and FAQs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Recipe Category: Salad
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 5/5
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheddar cheese, red onion, bacon, and sunflower seeds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mayo, red wine vinegar, and sugar until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and stir until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use frozen broccoli for this recipe?
- Q: How long will this salad last in the fridge?
- Q: Can I use a different type of cheese?
- Q: Can I use a different type of vinegar?
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Q: Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use frozen broccoli, but it’s best to thaw it before using it in the recipe.
A: This salad will last up to 3 days in the fridge, but it’s best to eat it within 24 hours for the best taste and texture.
A: Yes, you can use any type of cheese you like. However, cheddar cheese works best in this recipe.
A: Yes, you can use any type of vinegar you like. However, red wine vinegar works best in this recipe.
A: Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time, but it’s best to wait to add the dressing until right before serving.
A: Yes, you can add other vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, or cherry tomatoes. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces.
If you want to make this recipe even healthier, you can use Greek yogurt instead of mayo. You can also add some diced apples or raisins for a touch of sweetness. To make sure your broccoli salad is not soggy, make sure to dry the broccoli florets with a paper towel before chopping them. You can also blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1-2 minutes before adding them to the salad. Finally, make sure to refrigerate the salad before serving to allow the flavors to blend together.
In conclusion, the Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad recipe is a delicious and healthy side dish that’s perfect for any occasion. With its simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can make this recipe in no time. Whether you’re serving it at a BBQ or as a side dish for dinner, this salad is sure to please everyone’s taste buds.