As a professional writer and food enthusiast, I am always on the lookout for delicious and easy-to-make recipes. This chicken and stuffing crock pot recipe is one of my favorites as it is both flavorful and requires minimal effort. In this article, I will provide a detailed recipe, including ingredients and instructions, as well as tips and FAQs to ensure that your dish turns out perfectly every time.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 box stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, stuffing mix, chicken broth, sour cream, melted butter, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts in the crock pot.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, use a fork to shred the chicken and mix it with the stuffing mixture.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
- Q: Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- Q: Can I use homemade stuffing instead of boxed stuffing mix?
- Q: Can I freeze this dish?
- Q: Can I use low-fat sour cream?
- Q: Can I add vegetables to this dish?
- Q: Can I use a different type of cream soup?
A: Yes, you can certainly use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
A: Yes, you can use homemade stuffing instead of boxed stuffing mix. Just make sure that it is fully cooked before adding it to the crock pot.
A: Yes, you can freeze this dish. Just make sure to let it cool completely before placing it in an airtight container and freezing it. When ready to eat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it in the oven or microwave.
A: Yes, you can use low-fat sour cream if you prefer. It will not affect the overall taste of the dish.
A: Yes, you can certainly add vegetables to this dish. Some great options include diced onions, celery, carrots, and mushrooms.
A: Yes, you can use a different type of cream soup if you prefer. Cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup would both work well in this recipe.
If you want to make this dish even easier, you can use pre-cooked shredded chicken instead of cooking the chicken breasts from scratch. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and mix the shredded chicken with the stuffing mixture before cooking.
For a healthier version of this dish, you can use whole wheat or multigrain stuffing mix and low-sodium chicken broth. You can also add more vegetables to the dish to increase the nutritional value.
If you want to add some extra flavor to the dish, you can sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese or chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme, over the top before serving.
This chicken and stuffing crock pot recipe is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a potluck with friends. It is easy to make, delicious, and sure to be a crowd-pleaser!