Are you a cheese lover who is always looking for new ways to enjoy this delicious dairy product? If so, you’re in luck! In this article, we’re going to share with you a fantastic recipe for fried cheese curds. This dish is perfect as an appetizer, snack or even a side dish. Plus, it’s easy to make and tastes amazing. So, let’s get started!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Recipe Category: Appetizer, Snack, Side Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 1 lb. cheese curds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer or large pot to 375°F.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk and eggs.
- Place panko breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Dredge cheese curds in the flour mixture, then dip in the milk mixture and finally coat in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Place the coated cheese curds in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the cheese curds from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Repeat until all cheese curds are cooked.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Can I use different types of cheese?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese you like. However, we recommend using cheese curds for the best results.
- Do I have to use a deep fryer?
No, you can also use a large pot for frying. Just make sure there is enough oil to fully submerge the cheese curds.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the cheese curds up to a day in advance and store them in the fridge. When you’re ready to serve them, simply fry them up until golden brown.
- What dipping sauce goes well with fried cheese curds?
Some popular choices include ranch dressing, marinara sauce or honey mustard.
- Can I freeze leftover cheese curds?
Yes, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Just reheat them in the oven or air fryer before serving.
- Can I use gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs?
Yes, you can substitute gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs for the regular ones to make this recipe gluten-free.
If you want to take your fried cheese curds to the next level, here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Choose high-quality cheese curds: The quality of the cheese curds will greatly affect the taste of the final dish. Look for fresh, high-quality cheese curds at your local grocery store or cheese shop.
2. Use a thermometer: To ensure that the oil is at the right temperature, use a thermometer to check the temperature. This will prevent the curds from being undercooked or overcooked.
3. Don’t overcrowd the fryer: Make sure to fry the curds in small batches to prevent overcrowding. This will ensure that they cook evenly and turn out crispy.