As a professional writer, I am always in search of unique and exotic recipes that are not only delicious but also offer a unique culinary experience. And when it comes to spicing up your food, Carolina Reaper is undoubtedly the king of peppers. With a Scoville rating of 2.2 million, it is the hottest pepper in the world, and adding it to your dishes can take your taste buds to a whole new level.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Category: Appetizer
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.8/5
- 6-8 Carolina Reaper peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Wearing gloves, remove the stems and seeds from the Carolina Reaper peppers and chop them finely.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic and cook until the beef is browned and the onion is soft.
- Add the chopped Carolina Reaper peppers, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, salt, and black pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the Carolina Reaper chili hot, garnished with chopped cilantro.
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: How hot is Carolina Reaper?
A: Carolina Reaper is the hottest pepper in the world, with a Scoville rating of 2.2 million. It is about 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce.
- Q: Can I use Carolina Reaper in other dishes?
A: Yes, you can use Carolina Reaper in other dishes, but be careful with the amount you use. A little goes a long way, and too much can ruin the dish.
- Q: Can I substitute Carolina Reaper with other peppers?
A: Yes, you can use other peppers like habanero or ghost pepper, but the flavor and heat level will be different.
- Q: Is Carolina Reaper healthy?
A: Carolina Reaper contains capsaicin, which has several health benefits, including pain relief, improved digestion, and lower risk of cancer.
- Q: How can I reduce the heat of Carolina Reaper?
A: You can reduce the heat of Carolina Reaper by removing the seeds and veins and using a smaller quantity.
- Q: Can I freeze Carolina Reaper?
A: Yes, you can freeze Carolina Reaper for later use. It will retain its heat and flavor for a long time.
Carolina Reaper is a potent pepper, and using it requires caution and care. Here are some tips to help you make the most of this recipe:
- Wear gloves when handling Carolina Reaper peppers to avoid skin irritation.
- Start with a small quantity of Carolina Reaper and adjust the amount according to your taste preference.
- Use other ingredients like sour cream or avocado to balance the heat of Carolina Reaper.
With these tips and the recipe above, you can create a delicious and spicy Carolina Reaper chili that will leave you craving for more.