As a writer, I love sharing my favorite recipes that are not only delicious but also healthy. This black bean pasta recipe is one of my favorites because it’s packed with protein and fiber, and it’s so easy to make. Plus, it’s a great alternative to traditional pasta dishes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Recipe Category: Main Dish
- Recipe Cuisine: American
- Aggregate Rating: 4.5/5
- 8 oz. black bean pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the black bean pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, red bell pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the black beans and vegetable broth to the skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the beans are heated through.
- Add the cooked black bean pasta to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving|
- Q: Can I use regular pasta instead of black bean pasta?
- A: Yes, you can use any type of pasta you like, but keep in mind that the nutrition information may vary.
- Q: Can I use canned corn instead of red bell pepper?
- A: Yes, you can substitute canned corn for the red bell pepper if you prefer.
- Q: Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- A: Yes, you can make the pasta and the sauce separately and then combine them before serving. It’s also a great dish to meal prep for the week!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavor and nutrients, this black bean pasta recipe is the perfect choice. Here are some tips to make it even better:
1. Use fresh ingredients: The key to this recipe is using fresh ingredients like garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. They add a bright and zesty flavor to the dish.
2. Don’t overcook the pasta: Black bean pasta can become mushy if it’s overcooked, so be sure to follow the package instructions carefully.
3. Add some spice: If you like your food spicy, feel free to add more red pepper flakes or even some hot sauce to the dish.